RECREATIONAL DIVISION REGISTRAR
JOB TITLE:RECREATIONAL DIVISION REGISTRAR
STATUS: FULL TIME
LOCATION: WINNIPEG, MB
DEPARTMENT: SCHOOL ADMINISTRATION
REPORTS TO: SCHOOL OFFICE MANAGER
The Recreational Division Registrar is responsible for student registration, student accounts, student records, and the administrative coordination of all Recreational Division programming. Working closely with the Recreational Division Principal and Vice-Principal, the Recreational Division Registrar also provides administrative support to the School Artistic Faculty and collaborates with stakeholders in School Administration and the various RWB service departments to ensure the school’s strategic and business plan objectives are met and that all program communications align with RWB brand standards.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan and implement annual registration activities and coordinate student intake; ensure appropriate after-action review in service of continual improvement.
- Maintain accurate and complete student records in digital and hard copy throughout the year.
- Compile class and other lists for School Artistic Faculty.
- Create and distribute invoices for student participation in festivals, competitions, exams, workshops and other special events.
- Process payments, tracking payment plans when appropriate, and follow-up with non-payment and NSF concerns.
- Coordinate written materials such as registration forms, handbooks, and memos.
- Work with various stakeholders to create program and event timelines and work back schedules, with deadlines, and ensure adherence.
- In conjunction with registration activities, create student accounts and ensure capture of all pertinent information.
- Process transactions in the database including but not limited to taking payments for classes, festivals, exams, and workshops, as well as processing class changes and withdrawals.
- Support the School Office Manager with configuring the database and building new programs and prices in the back-end.
- Run database reports and analyze data; share findings with key stakeholders.
- Coordinate administrative systems and processes ensuring consistent and accurate flow of information.
- Act as the primary communication liaison between the School Office and students and parents.
- Review the General School Email throughout the day, following up as appropriate.
- Support the Recreational Division Principal with creation and distribution of the monthly newsletter.
- Provide excellent customer service and establish positive, professional relationships with students, parents, and other stakeholders.
- Organize aspects of recitals including but not limited to staffing, volunteer coordination, and catering.
- Provide front of house and backstage support at performances and events as required.
This position works with standard office equipment, and sits for long periods of time performing keyboarding activities. Success of this position requires ongoing communication with internal and external stakeholders, flexibility with shifting priorities, and timely decision making. This position primarily works in the afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Post-secondary degree or diploma from a recognized institution; an equivalent combination of education and related experience will be considered.
- Experience and/or interest in the arts and cultural sector an asset.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Excel and Word, and Adobe PDF.
- Working knowledge of Tessitura or a similar relationship management database system an asset.
- Ability to speak and write French and/or other languages an asset.
- Clear Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
SKILLS AND SPECIFICATIONS
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and demonstrate the highest level of professional conduct and discretion.
- Self-motivator with the ability to take initiative and work independently.
- Good team member, productively engaging with others at varying levels of seniority within and outside of the RWB.
- Solid time management, multi-tasking, and decision-making skills.
Qualified applicants are asked to submit a cover letter and resume, in confidence, to Kara Neilson at email@example.com by end of business day by end of business day January 18, 2018.